Sunday 21 June 2009

My Dearest Father ...

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. - 1 John 1:7

It is a day when I specially remember and thank the Lord for you, one of the best gifts in my life. With gratitude, and thankfulness in my heart, I want to tell you how blessed I am to have a wonderful father like you. You taught me to look beyond myself, to choose the hard and difficult things in life. And though it was not easy for me to accept such a reason, in the end, it has paid off well. You taught me to aim higher, to reach for the stars so that I would at least make it to the roof-top.

Discipline and hard work which are teh hallfmarks of your life have made a deep impact on my life through and through. WHen I wanted to have my own way in a lot of issues which we did not see eye to eye, I am glad your reasoning prevailed. Through I chose not to see it then, I am now forever grateful. When I did not have enough faith in my own ability, you pushed me to go further than myself by instilling confidence in me, such that trhough the grace of God I could make it. Father, you spent so much time on me and though I have let you down, you did not give up on me. You were there for me and encouraged me to stand up and walk on. THank you for encouraging me to stand up boldly and face the world and its challenges.

All the good things that I have been blessed with came from a lot of sacrifice, and you took it as your responsibility, so that I could have a good life. You paid the price so that I could be happy and enjoy the best of everything. I thank the Lord for you. I ask for grace so that I will never put you to shame or behave in ways that could bring grief and pain to your heart. I have chosen to walk on the long and narrow way that you have showed as the best for me. Though at times, it is not an easy path to tread on. I know that the Lord is with me and you constantly uphold me in prayer.

Father, I have grown through these years. I am now able to see a lot of wisdom in everything which you told me and how you deal with me. As I try to discipline, teach and build good values in my own children, concerned that they should make the right choices in life, I then understood your struggles and patience with me. When they come crying with broken hearts and I hold them close to me, I remember your love for me.

On your speical day today, let me tell you again, father: I love you and you are very special to me. God bless me, my dear father.

Honour your father - God put him there over you.

- Daniel O.C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.