Sunday 15 May 2011

A Psalm and Scriptures for Singles

This is a paraphrase of the twenty-third psalm that I wrote with singles in mind. As you read it remember Jesus is your Shepherd. He cares for you. He knows what it means to be single, for he lived as a single man himself. Who better to watch over you and keep you safe?

Jesus is my greatest friend,
My Protector,
My Guide:
I shall be contented.
My walk with him provides rest and refreshing.
He satisfies my inmost self.
I will face everything that comes with Jesus, my Lord.
I will know him as my constant companion.
My fellowship with him will be my greatest delight;
I will not let enemies steal it from me.
I have an overflowing cup;
I am fully satisfied;
And I will always be at home with him.

Special Scriptures for Singles
  • Jeremiah 29: 11- This verse was a special promise to my wife, Diane.
  • Proverbs 3:5,6- The first scripture my pastor shared with me when I was a young believer.
  • II Corinthians 6: 15-18- A clear biblical passage on relationships with unbelievers.
  • I Corinthians 7: 7-9, 32-35- Scriptures on remaining single.
  • II Timothy 2:22- Don't let passion lead you into something you will regret later.
  • I Corinthians 6: 18-20- Wherever you are, whatever you do, your body is God's property!
  • Philippians 4:6-7- don't worry about anything; pray about everything...especially about something as important as marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.