Monday 11 June 2012

What’s Heaven Telling You?


When the doctor who had examined the tremor in my hand said,  “You’re fine.  You’re in good health”– I did what you might expect.  I began to weep and asked,  “How much time do I have left?”

The doctor cocked his head, puzzled.  Wait a second, you’re thinking!  Didn’t you hear what the doctor told you?  And I’m wondering–didn’t you hear what heaven told you?

That response to my doctor?  I made it up.  Actually, I was elated.  And when I see that thumb shake, I chalk it up to an aging body and place my trust in the doctor’s words.

You should do the same.  For just as my thumb will occasionally tremble, you will occasionally sin.  And when you do, remember sin may touch, but it cannot claim you. Christ is in you!  Trust his work for you.  Trust his work in you.  Your heart is his home, and he is your master!

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. John 14:23″

From: Come Thirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.