Wednesday 15 August 2012

Always Praying

Early Christians were urged by the apostle Paul to “pray without ceasing.” In Romans 12:12, Paul said: “always be prayerful. And in Ephesians 6:18, to “pray at all times and on every occasion.”

Unceasing prayer may sound complicated, but it needn’t be!

As you stand in line to register your car, think, “Thank you, Lord, for being here.”  In the grocery store as you shop. As you load the dishwasher, worship your Maker.

Brother Lawrence was a well-known saint who called himself the “lord of pots and pans.”  He wrote:  “The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer; and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen, I possess God in as great tranquility as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament.”

Though a rookie in the League of Unceasing Prayer, I sure enjoy the result! I think you will too.

From: Come Thirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.