Friday 10 May 2013

Practically Speaking - May 10, 2013

Words Of Affirmation
"Whenever my friends are encountering a challenge or bad situation in their lives, I send them a message telling them that I believe in them. I also remind them of God's great love and purpose for their life." ~Elionei
 
Acts Of Service
"When my husband bought his motorcycle, I did not like it at all. I finally went on a ride and now I love it! When he is getting the cycle ready for riding, I'll go out and help him clean it. He loves me helping and I get my tank filled with quality time, too!" ~Anonymous
 
Receiving Gifts
If someone you love has a Pinterest (or other social media site) pagewhere they post items on their wish list, check it out. Pick something you know they've been pining for, and present it to them when they least expect it.
 
Quality Time
Find a bench at a shopping center, park, or alongside a beach. People watch. Take photographs. Talk about what you see. Make up fictional conversations of the people you see walking by. Point out interesting flowers near the scene. Stop and take everything in around you, especially each other.
 
Physical Touch
Next time you go to a restaurant with someone your spouse, ask to be seated in a booth. Sit on the same side. It may seem awkward at first as people stare. However, the gawks will turn to envy as they see you talk, laugh, and playfully touch shoulders, knees, and hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.