Friday 3 May 2013

Practically Speaking


Words of Affirmation
"I put a note in his jacket pocket or inside his laptop, expressing how I feel about him and thanking him for everything he does for me. " ~Cindy

Acts of Service
"It is our habit to iron all clothes to use throughout the week on a Saturday evening. My wife does not enjoy ironing; so whenever I'm around, I ask her to bring all her clothes to wear through the week and I iron them together with mine." ~Medadi

Receiving Gifts
The gift of self can provide an intangible something that speaks even louder than a tangible gift. Being there for someone in a time of need, or maybe even a time of want, can very much count as a gift.

Quality Timw
"My wife has more than a full-time job being a stay-at-home mom, so to give her a break in her daily busy routine I've implemented Weekday Walks with Dad. So after greeting my wife when I get home, I greet my daughter and take her on a 30-45 minute walk around our condo complex. Not only does this allow me to decompress from my busy day at work, it also allows me to spend Quality Time with my daughter, and it's a small gift/act of service to my wife for all the sacrifice she makes for our family. Love is great!" ~Gregory

Physical Touch
"When my husband and I are sitting in church, I will spontaneously write on the back of his hand with my finger "I Love You". I always get a smile and a squeeze back and he knows that I am thinking of him out of the blue." ~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.