Monday 1 September 2008

The 23rd Channel

Dedicated to all Television Fanatics

The television is my shepherd, my spiritual life does want.
It makes me to sit down and do nothing.
It leads me beside people of no faith.
It restores my desire for worldly pleasures.

It requires all my spare time and keeps me from doing the will of God because it presents so much foolishness which I must see.
It increases my knowledge of nonsense and keeps me from the study of the Word of God.

Even though I live to be a hundred, yet the viewing of my television shall have first place in my life as long as it does operate, for it is my closest companion.

It's sound and its picture comfort me.
It presents foolishness and folly before me continually and keeps me from surrendering my whole life to God.
It anoints my mind with seeds of corruption and fills my head with vanity, which profits me nothing, my cup remains empty.

Surely no good thing will come to my life because I am devoted to my television, which leaves me no spare time to serve God.
Therefore I will dwell in the House of Confusion forever

Adapted originally by Joseph Bakke - a great man of faith in God

Psalm 101:3 - I will set no wicked things before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.