Sunday 4 January 2009

A New Year, A New Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. - Genesis 1:1

The old year is past. A new year is beginning with new challenges. It is a year to rise up from sleep, slothfulness and slumber. It is a year to be motivated to do better than you have done before depending on the grace of God for it.

It is a year of healing and restoration in broken relationships, broken marriages, and broken homes. When life has lost its meaning, it is a time to see that it is God, reading His Word, heeding His voice and standing in the gap for intercession. This is a year of submission to the Holy Spirit. Let Him search your heart to break stubborn pride of self. Yield yourself completely to His control. Heed His voice and be used as a vessel for God's glory.

Declare this out loud:
This is a year of victory for me over all my weakness, over bad habits, uncontrollable sinful desire, laziness, wicked imaginations, unholy living, pride, strife, disobedience to God, following after vain unprofitable ambitions and aimless living without purpose. I will stand firm by my God I shall do valiantly. In His name I shall have victory. I shall rise in faith and soar to higher ground from where I once stood. I will believe for the impossible through my Lord in the mighty name of Jesus. When I go through trying situations, I will stand firm knowing that the Lord is with me and that He will not forsake me. I will not be a afraid for Jehovah is the one who holds me in His hands. I will not accept defeat, failure or loses, for victory and success are mine through Jesus Christ.

When I pass through the waters, I shall remember that the Lord is with me. When I cross the rivers, they shall not overflow me. When I walk through the fire, I shall not be burnt and neither shall the flame kindle upon me, for the Lord God the Holy One of Israel is my Saviour.

My house and I choose this day to fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth. I choose to obey the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth. I choose to obey the Lord and His Word, live by his commandments and walk in His will. I choose the things of God, wisdom and understanding that come from above. I pursue righteousness, faith, love, patience and meekness. I keep myself ready until the appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ which is very near. In Jesus' name, Amen.

When life has lost its meaning, it is a time to see that it is
God's love that brings true meaning, purpose and answers.

- Daniel O.C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.