Thursday 27 September 2012

A Radical Reliance on Grace

One day it dawned on me.  I had become the very thing I hate:  a hypocrite.  A pretender.  Two-faced.

I’d written sermons about people like me.  Christians who care more about appearance than integrity.  I knew what I needed to do.  I’d written sermons about that, too.

1st John 1:8-9 says:  “If we say we have no sin, we are fooling ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  But if we confess our sins, he will forgive our sins, because we can trust God to do what is right.”

Confession is not complaining.  If I merely recite my problems and rehash my woes, I’m whining.  Pointing fingers at others without pointing any at me feels good, but it doesn’t promote healing.  Confession is a radical reliance on grace.  A proclamation of our trust in God’s goodness.

Great grace creates honest confession!

From: GRACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.