Monday 18 February 2013

Let God Love You

When my girls were little, I’d come home, shout their names and watch them run to me with extended arms and squealing voices.  For the next few moments we’d roll on the floor, gobble bellies, and tickle tummies and laugh and play. We delighted in each other’s presence. They made no requests of me, with the exception of, “Let’s play, Daddy. And I made no demands of them except, “Don’t hit daddy with the hammer.”  My kids let me love them.

But suppose they’d approached me as we often approach God. “Hey, Dad, glad you’re home.  Here’s what I want!”  “Whoa,” I would have to say.  “Why don’t you just climb up on Daddy’s lap and let me tell you how much I love you?”  Ever thought God might want to do the same with you?  How long since you let God love you?

“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!” (I John 3:1).

From: Just Like Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.