Wednesday 20 February 2013

What Are We Missing?

Jesus declared:  “I am in the father and the Father is in me.”  (John 14:10).  It was as if he heard a voice others were missing.

I witnessed something similar on an airplane.  I kept hearing outbursts of laughter.  The flight was turbulent, hardly a reason for humor.  But some fellow behind me was cracking up.  I turned to see what was so funny.  He was wearing headphones. Because he could hear what I could not, he acted differently than I did.

The same was true with Jesus.  Remember when everyone was distraught about Lazarus’s illness?  Jesus wasn’t.  Rather than hurry to his friends’ bedside, he said,  “This sickness will not end in death. It is for the glory of God.” (John 11:4).

Jesus knew something no one else did.  He had unbroken communion with his Father.  Do you suppose the Father desires the same for us?  God desires the same abiding intimacy with you that he has with his Son.

From: Just Like Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.