Wednesday 6 February 2013

You Are Tweakable

You aren’t stuck with today’s personality.  You aren’t condemned to “grumpydom.”  You’re tweak-able; changeable. From whence come statements such as, “It’s just my nature to worry,” or. . .“I’ll always be pessimistic, I’m just that way.”  Or. . .“I have a bad temper.  I can’t help the way I react.”  Who says?

Would we make similar statements about our bodies?  “It’s just my nature to have a broken leg. I can’t do anything about it.”  Of course not.  If our bodies malfunction, we seek help.  Shouldn’t we do the same with our hearts?  Shouldn’t we seek aid for our sour attitudes?  Can’t we request treatment for our selfish tirades?  Of course we can.  Jesus can change our hearts.  He wants us to have a heart just like His. Can you imagine a better offer?

From: Just Like Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.