Friday 15 March 2013

Practically Speaking: 15 March 2013

Words Of Affirmation
"I leave post-it notes for my spouse saying how much I appreciate him and love him. I put them in his shoes, in his pants pockets, his wallet, attached to shelf in his bureau, when he lifts the toilet seat cover and on his car window. It just reminds him that I am thinking of him and I usually don't put them in the same place this way he's surprised. He loves getting them and I love writing them—little love notes." (Relationship: Marriage, Family) ~submitted anonymously

Acts Of Service
"One of the best things anyone can do for mom (or wife) is to empty the garbage without being asked. Why such a simple thing? Because it lightens mom's load and that simple task will be truly appreciated!" (Relationship: Household) ~submitted anonymously

Receiving Gifts
"I'm up before my wife in the morning. She is a tea drinker, not coffee. I have her tea ready and on her bathroom sink when she gets up every day. It's my special way of saying good morning to a special wife of 42 years." (Relationship: Marriage) ~submitted by Tery Albright

Quality Time
Think about an old friend you haven't talked to in a while. Set up a time to have lunch or coffee together to catch up. If you are separated by distance then you can call, FaceTime, or Skype. (Relationship: Friend)

Physical Touch
Next time you are watching TV or a movie with someone you love, sit close enough to touch arms or hold hands. If the relationship is a romantic one, cuddling is almost always a welcome display of affection. (Relationship: Marriage, Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.