Friday 19 April 2013

Practically Speaking

Words Of Affirmation
"When I have to spend a night away from my family, I write a note to each of them and put it under their doona (blanket) so they only find it when they hop into bed for the night. The note tells them how much I love them and look forward to seeing them again soon."  ~Gwen

Acts Of Service
"I will make my husband his evening coffee and take it to him, even if I'm steaming mad at him. I want him to know I love him, mad or not." ~Aubrie

Receiving Gifts
Get a bag of mixed individually wrapped candies/chocolate and hide them all around the house. Count the pieces as you go. Then when the person you love notices the first one, tell them there are X number more hidden around the house. Their love tank will start to fill with each piece they find. *Note: Make sure it is a candy they enjoy.

Quality Time
"I occasionally do an at home social hour. I'll buy or make one of my husband's favorite appetizers and a light dinner to go with it. Then I'll send him an evite to our private social hour. I once listed 'live entertainment provided by Max & Pee Dee' (our 2 bulldogs)." ~Marianne

Physical Touch
"My husband does 75% of the driving when we take road trips to see family. To make him feel loved and appreciated for this, I reach over from my seat on the passenger side and give him neck and shoulder rubs while he is driving. It keeps him from tensing up and lets him know I love him!" ~Nita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.