Friday 26 April 2013

Practically Speaking


Words of Affirmation
"I write the words "I love you" or "I'm thinking of you" or even "Baby, you're the greatest" into a banana and pack it in his lunch box. You can write with anything sharp into the peel and it will show up clearly in just a few minutes."  ~Anonymous

Acts of Service
"My husband works a swing shift, and as a result he is always tired. When he is coming home from work after working 3-11pm, I sometimes surprise him by having the garbage can brought out to the road (typically his job) and having a snack plate and beverages ready for both of us to sit down together and have some quality time and snuggling. His big smile is a wonderful reward for me and fills my love tank too!" ~Jennifer

Receiving Gifts
Do they have a favorite author? If so, pick up a title from their favorite author at a local book store. If you can find a classic, autographed, or authentic vintage edition at a used bookstore or yard sale . . . even better!

Quality Time
"I like to make eye contact and give my undivided attention as I am speaking or as they are speaking to me." ~Anonymous

Physical Touch
"I frequently sit on the couch with my husband and rub his feet and legs. Or other massages as needed are much appreciated. Doing this without being asked is wonderful! Just being willing to serve is best. It covers so many of the love languages too." ~Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.