Wednesday 7 October 2009

So This Is Love?

It was finally here - Anna's wedding day, the day she had dreamed about and planned for moths. The small, picturesque church was crowded with friends & family.
Sunlight poured through the stained-glass windows, and the gentle music of a string quartet filled the air. Anna walked down the aisle toward David. Joy surged within her. This was the moment for which she has waited so long. He gently took her hand and they turned towards the altar.
but as the minister began to lead Anna & David through their vows, the unthinkable happened. A girl stood up in the middle of the congregation, walked quietly to the altar, and took David's other hand. Another gril approached and stood next to the first, followed by another. Soon, a chain of six girls stood by him as he repeated his vows to Anna.
Anna felt her lip begin to quiver as tears welled up in her eyes. "Is this some kind of joke?" she whispered to David.
"I'm.. I'm sorry, Anna," he said, staring at the floor.
"Who are these girls, David? What is going on?" she gasped.
"They're girls from my past," he answered sadly. "Anna, they don't mean anything to me now.. but I've given part of my heart to each of them."
"I thought your heart was mine," she said.
"It is, it is," he pleaded. "Everything that's left is yours."
A tear rolled down Anna's cheek. Then she woke up.

1. How many men/women could line up next to me on my wedding day?
2. How many times have I given my heart away in short-term relationships?
3. Will I have anything left to give my husband/wife?

~ taken from "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris

1 comment:

  1. hello, I think it is kind of hard to control... we never knew who we meet is suitable for us... until you try... but try it sincerely la... that's the only thing I think I can do...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Do continue to browse the blog.